Pages

Tuesday, July 6, 2021

Margret Mahy Town recount!

 On the 20 of May 2021 Tumu Hub went to Margaret Mahy. We had 4 rotations.  We walked to Victoria Square to look at the pou. We also went to Margaret Mahy playground to do an awesome treasure hunt. At Margaret Mahy playground there were carvings on the ground. We put our paper over the carving then used a crayon to rub over our paper to copy a bit of the  carving . We went on a waka on the Avon River and we also got to row. There were also lots of slimy eels (tuna) that were under the deck to get on the Waka that we fed. We looked at lots of Maori mats that told stories.


My favourite part of the trip was definitely going on a big waka because we got to paddle and that it was my first time on a Waka it was so fun!

 

Something I learnt was that the playground was built because after the devastating 2011 earthquake people left the city and they built the playground so they could bring people into the city.


The thing I found the most interesting was statues of queen Victoria and Captain Cook and also that Victoria square was originally a market!


This trip has helped me with my PBL because I saw lots of new Maori patterns on the mats that told things or stories.


Have you been on a waka?





1 comment:

  1. Hi Romeo
    Yes I have gone on a waka. This reminds me of when I go to Margret Mahy.
    Next time maybe add more of the parragraphs

    ReplyDelete

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - Begin with a greeting. Talk about something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A comment that will mean something to me to let me know you read/watched or listened to what I had to say. - use any language.
3. Something helpful - Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.
Encourage me to make another post