Pages

Friday, September 17, 2021

Why nobody should litter!

 Hi this week for persuasive writing my topic is why nobody should litter I did three three reasons and stuff like a rhetorical question. If this canged your mind about littering please comment and I hope you like it!


Without a doubt, you all know about the plateau of rubbish across the ocean. If you don't then let me convince you to not add to the junk pile.


First of all, do you know how many animals die from rubbish a day? I'm not just talking about marine animals. I'm talking about land animals and animals that fly. Research says that 100,000 land and flying animals die each year but that's a tiny number compared to how many marine animals die. 100,000,000 marine animals die a year due to swallowing or getting their head stuck on plastic. Now that's a LOT. Think about it, do you want millions of animals dying a year?


Secondly, do you know how long some things take to decompose? 

For a fishing line it can take 600 years just to decompose. If you leave rubbish at a random place and come back in 50 years it has a high chance of still being there. 



Lastly if you go to a school or to a city and then you see rubbish everywhere would you want to go to that school or city? I bet you don't, you would think that the children or teachers don't make an effort to keep the school clean. Now that's irresponsible!


 

I think if people don't litter it could make a big difference in the world. What are you waiting for? A bigger punishment for littering than a fine up to $400 NO. Stop littering. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - Begin with a greeting. Talk about something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A comment that will mean something to me to let me know you read/watched or listened to what I had to say. - use any language.
3. Something helpful - Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.
Encourage me to make another post