Pages

Tuesday, March 31, 2020

The most delicious slice ever!!!!!

Day 6 of quarantine. First thing today we went for walk around the subdivision we live in. On the walk we walked past a driveway with a lot of worms half dead, so we saved them by putting them back in the lawn😊😀😁.  After that, we baked some Blondies. They are delicious and taste really crunchy and like chocolate. If you were wondering how to make them it will be down below. After eating lunch my dad and I went out for track-stands. If you were wondering what they are it is in my latest blog post. At the end of quarantine we are going to be pro's.   

Blondies

Ingredients 
1/2 cup milk or non dairy milk
2 Tbsp maple syrup
1/2 cup coconut sugar
1 Tbsp flax seed meal
2 tsp vanilla 
3/4 cup almond butter or peanut butter (smooth)

1/2 cup flour ( we used GF flour but any flour will do)
1/4 cup almond flour
2 Tbsp coconut flour
2 Tbsp cornstarch
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsb baking soda
1/4 tsb or more cinnamon
1/2 cup or more vegan or any chocolate

How to make
1. preheat the oven to 350 degrees F/ 180 C

2. in a bowl, warm the non dairy milk until hot. Add the rest of the wet ingredients and mix well until smooth. It will take a minute or so for the nut butter to mix in. ( warm the butter before adding so it mixes quicker.

3. in another bowl mix all the dry ingredients and add to the wet and mix in . fold in the chocolate chips or chunks.

4. Drop the batter on parchment lined pan ( 8 by 8 inch brownie pan ). Spread using oiled hands or spatula. Sprinkle some chocolate on top and then press in. ( optional )

5. bake for 22 to 24 minutes. ( or until a toothpick an inch from the edges comes out almost clean ). Cool for 15 minutes then remove from the pan. Cool for another few minutes before slicing. 


2 comments:

  1. Yum! Thanks for sharing this recipe Romeo! I can almost taste the slice by the way you have described it.

    Good to hear you are still worming on the track stands. Great to have a goal. How about a photo of the baking next time?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Romeo
    Hmmmm, that recipe sounds delicious - I might just have to try it and if I do, I will let you know. What else do you like to bake? Since lockdown, I have baked some bread and my daughters and I made cupcakes this morning.

    Also, I love that you saved the worms. I had never thought about putting them back onto grass to save them. Who told you about that?

    ReplyDelete

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - Begin with a greeting. Talk about something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A comment that will mean something to me to let me know you read/watched or listened to what I had to say. - use any language.
3. Something helpful - Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.
Encourage me to make another post