Pages

Friday, April 17, 2020

Fun facts about polar bears


Polar bear
  • Polars bears are the largest carnivores on land.
  • Male polar bears can weigh up to 680 Kg.
  • Scientists think that there 20000 polar bears in the world.
  • The scientific name for the polar bear is ursus maritimus.
  • Seals are the most of a polar bear's diet. 
  • Polar bears can reach up to speeds of 40km on land and 10km in the water.
  • Polar bears have rough feet to stop them from slipping around on the ice.
  • When it is very cold some polar bears will cover their faces to stop heat from getting out of their noses.
  • Female polar bears dig a den to give birth to cubs.
  • Polar bears have such amazing fur and fat and in summer it can trap a lot of heat so the polar bear gets too hot and has to lie on the ice to cool down.



3 comments:

  1. Hi Romeo,
    You have some awesome and interesting information on polar bears. I was surprised at how fast they can move on land. I wouldn’t want one chasing me!!
    Don’t forget to use control/shift/v to format the bog so all the sentences fit on the page.
    Keep up the interesting research.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi romeo i never knew that was the scientific name for a polar bear did you know? a polar bears skin is actually purple under all of there fur

    Karter

    ReplyDelete
  3. Black lol not purple

    ReplyDelete

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - Begin with a greeting. Talk about something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A comment that will mean something to me to let me know you read/watched or listened to what I had to say. - use any language.
3. Something helpful - Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.
Encourage me to make another post