Pages

Thursday, April 16, 2020

Colour find

Colour find
Today we did a Colour Find what's in the bag experiment.


My Mum put 6 Lego blocks into a black bag.  She said there were 2 different colours - orange and blue.  I didn't know how many were blue or how many were orange.


I predicted that there were 4 blue and 2 orange blocks.


We did 10 takes out of the bag.


Take out of the bag.
Blue
Orange
1
Yes
No
2
Yes
No
3
Yes
No
4
Yes
No
5
Yes
No
6
Yes
No
7
Yes
No
8
No
Yes
9
Yes
No
10
Yes
No


After the 4th go, I changed my prediction to 5 blue and 1 orange because I still hadn’t got an orange block.


Mum showed me the blocks in the bag when we were finished and I was correct.  There were 5 blue and 1 orange block.

Have you made a game in lock down

1 comment:

  1. Hi Romeo,
    Well done on giving this numeracy activity a go, and lucky you having your Mum help you with it. I like how you used the word "prediction" as that is great maths language. I haven't made any games in lockdown, but I have played board games with my family, and done lots of baking (yum).
    Here is a tip for next time you go to post a blog.......use control/shift/v to format the text for a blog, because as you can see on your post, some of the sentences go off the page and cant be read.

    ReplyDelete

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - Begin with a greeting. Talk about something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A comment that will mean something to me to let me know you read/watched or listened to what I had to say. - use any language.
3. Something helpful - Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.
Encourage me to make another post