Pages

Thursday, April 9, 2020

BOARD GAME

Today, me, my sister and Mum played a board game called ''Sorry".  This is a board game that my mum played with her sister when she was a child so my Yiayia  (grandma in Greek) kept it safe.  I will describe it for you because its a really fun game.  You need 2-4 players.  The board is set out as a track around the edge so you move your counter from start to the safe zone and then home.  Instead of a dice you use cards - they give instructions on what to do.  For example, start a man out, or move two space and take another card.  You can't start until you get a one or a two.  The best card to get for you is a card called SORRY. This card sends one of the other players counters back to start.  It is good for you but not for others.  We started off the game to a good start because I got a two so I got to start a man out and take another card. The first person to get a man into home was my sister but my mum made a massive comeback.  I was losing so my sister was mad of her winning because normally in our games whoever is losing will win.  Eventually I  won the game and my sister and Mum were facing off to get a two. "YES" said Isabella.  S he came second and my mum came third. It was a really fun game and we enjoyed it and cant wait to play it again!  What is your favourite game to play?

1 comment:

  1. Hi Romeo,
    I love this game too I used to play it with my family when I was your age, so it has been around a while. I too, would either start well and then get worse or make a comeback too late in the game.
    What board game do you dislike the most? I can not stand, Monopoly, mainly because I would always lose by constantly landing on squares with hotels on!
    Glad you are still having fun in your bubble.
    Mrs Ferguson

    ReplyDelete

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - Begin with a greeting. Talk about something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A comment that will mean something to me to let me know you read/watched or listened to what I had to say. - use any language.
3. Something helpful - Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.
Encourage me to make another post